Electrical Testing & Verification Courses
Whether you’re a sole trader or a big operator, we are building our technical and business skills courses especially for the Electrical sector. Here you’ll find all information in relation to the courses we currently provide.
If you would like to book ET&V course with us you can do so by going to our ‘Book a Course’ page.
There are two main types of ET&V course; a 2 Day course and a 5 Day course:
- The 2 Day course and is suitable for electricians who are very experienced and familiar with testing & verification. It is very intensive, and the learners wishing to undertake this type of course should be aware of this fact. The price for the course is €375.
- The 5 Day course is intended for electricians who are new to testing & verification, or have little experience, and would like to spend more time on mastering the field. It provides more “hands-on” learning time, and practice, as well as allows to familiarise oneself with the aspects governing this particular field of electrical trade. The price for the course is €650.
The price for the course includes certification cost from City & Guilds.
Class sizes are limited to 4-8 people but we can also provide a one-to-one training and certification.
Please note that other types of ET&V courses can be arranged depending on requirement (evening, weekend, corporate).
The ET&V course consists of 4 modules:
- visual inspection
- initial verification
- periodic testing & verification
- written exam
Here you can find the Assessment Specification from City & Guilds, which can give you clearer understanding of what is covered during the course.
The qualification is from City & Guilds which is recognised worldwide, and lasts five years. It is compliant with the CER, RECi and ECSSA, and can be used to obtain a Qualified Certifier number.
Attendees can use our test equipment, or use their own (provided it has a valid calibration cert that is no more than a year old).
The ET&V course is taught in a purpose built workshops, and each learner has access to a training rig that is 18 sq meters in size.
ETCI Rules book, and Megger Testing meter units are available to prchase during the course at a discount price.
Candidates wishing to participate in the ET&V Course should be qualified electricians and have previously obtained a Level 6 of the NQAI Certificate in Electrical Craft Practice or equivalent. Attendees should bring their National Craft Cert/Card or equivalent for registration purposes, and as a confirmation of their trade.
Normally the provisional results are issued within a few days of the course completion, and this is sufficient to obtain a QC number. Upon receipt of the provisional results letter, a learner should go to either RECI or ECSSA in order to get the QC number. The actual certificate comes from City & Guilds and normally takes a couple of weeks.
iSkill Training Ltd provide the course in two separate locations:
- Dublin – 12 A & B Bluebell Business Park, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12 – MAP
- Cahir – Building B, Unit 1A, Cahir Business Park, Cahir, Co. Tipperary – MAP
For more details please visit our FAQ section, or give us a call on 01 424 2440.